I’m no tree hugger but I love organic products, especially natural hair treatments. Also, no one (not even some Pinterest guru) can make me pour vinegar on my head.
Everyone’s going crazy over organic coconut oil. Maybe that’s the reason why in Japan (we all know Japanese people are into anything fresh, organic and natural) there’s a high demand for extra virgin coconut oil. Even Americans are willing to spend dollars to get that natural hair treatment, not to mention the other benefits of coconut oil. Well, I guess we’re lucky here in the Philippines. Coconut trees are everywhere.
So instead of apple cider vinegar on your hair, I suggest using organic coconut oil for hair. If you don’t like to buy coconut oil in supermarkets because you don’t trust companies enough when they say they sell everything organic, don’t worry, doing your own coconut milk hair treatment should be a cakewalk.
DIY Coconut Oil Treatment For Dry Hair
What you need:
Honey and Eucalyptus Oil
Heat the coconut milk
Add the oregano leaves, calamondin leaves, honey and eucalyptus oil
Heat them over low heat
Your coconut oil should look something like this:
How To Apply
Massage your hair and scalp. You can use it before you wash your hair. Use the oil as your regular hair conditioner.
My hair after applying oil (unwashed)
After washing my hair
Notice how my hair looks natural after washing my hair
What I Like About The DIY Coconut Oil Treatment
- My hair’s exposed to chemicals but it’s really not as damaged as I expected it to be, using coconut oil is really a big help. My hair is healthier now.
- It’s way too cheap as compared to expensive synthetic hair conditioners
- It’s organic, no chemicals
- I used to worry about my split ends back then but I stopped having them right after I started applying coconut oil on my hair
What I Don’t Like
- Though you can smell the cooling aroma of eucalyptus oil, the familiar coconut smell lingers
- It’s hot on the scalp if you put too much oil
Benefits Of Coconut Oil For Your Hair
- Mixed with eucalyptus oil and honey, the oil is the best choice if you have dry scalp and terrible dandruff; remember that eucalyptus oil is a good anti-dandruff oil
- It prevents gray hair and minimizes split ends
- It nourishes dry hair and minimizes damages
- Good hair conditioner. Say goodbye to synthetic hair conditioners
- Not only is coconut oil good for your skin but it also moisturizes your hair, keeping it healthy
As a regular coconut oil user, I’ve proven this coconut oil hair treatment to be effective and yes, economical. An argan oil treatment would be nice too. The only problem is we don’t have argan trees here.
Goodbye synthetic hair products. We’re done with chemicals, adios.
Whenever I shop for beauty products online, I always make sure they can whiten, moisturize and conceal. I’ve spent mucho dinero on undereye concealers. Yes, my Benefit Erase Paste does all the magic to hide the dark spots around my eyes but the fact that I’ve invested so much on makeup concealers is just too depressing.
There’s a myth that wearing glasses can cause dark eye circles. I wear glasses and my dark undereye circles bother me most of the time that’s why concealers have become one of my makeup essentials. Because I like to complain a lot about my dark spots and pimple scars, my friend finally recommended Human Nature 100% Natural Sunflower Beauty Oil since she’s a regular user of Human Nature products. After all, the product is organic and natural.
I must say I used to have very terrible dark circles around my eyes but after using the product for almost a month, I noticed that my dark under eyes started to lighten.
Before Using Human Nature Sunflower Beauty Oil
Results After Using Human Nature Sunflower Beauty Oil For Almost A Month ( No Filter; No Makeup)
As you can see, the dark spots lightened (don’t look at my eyebags though)
What I like About The Human Nature Sunflower Beauty Oil
- It’s effective; my dark circles lightened (just a reminder though, don’t expect to see immediate results, it took me a month to be convinced with the results)
- It’s cheaper. (I only paid 149php for a 50ml bottle) and an all in one oil (in fact, you can use it to whiten your underarm – just mix the oil with your Alum (Tawas powder)
- It doesn’t have any smell
- The packaging is cute, no doubt
- It’s all natural and organic; it’s made from premium-grade Helianthus annuus(sunflower) seed oil
- You can use the sunflower oil on your face before you apply your foundation. I like to use sunflower oil on my face as my primer then cover it with Naturactor foundation. It helps to blend the foundation and apply it evenly. Also, with the combination of face oil and foundation, it helps me think of more ideas on how to achieve dewy skin. Although some beauty experts discourage the use of face oils specifically coconut oil as primers or moisturizers because they can clog pores and cause dryness. Sunflower oil and argan oil are the best types of oil for the skin.
What I Don’t Like About Human Nature Sunflower Beauty Oil
- It could sting your eyes if you’re using it as an undereye oil (that’s basically my problem until now so I try not to rub my eyes)
- The packaging is cute but it’s not convenient; it can be real messy since it’s an oil in a spray bottle so you need to be careful when you pump the nozzle. Also, there is discoloration around the nozzle. So for me, it’s a bad idea to put it in a purse when you’re traveling because it might get spilled.
Thoughts About Human Nature Sunflower Oil
A lot of girls find ways on how to get rid of black spots on the skin that’s why we constantly look for beauty products, especially organic ones. We check reviews from media influencers, looking for clues on how to get rid of brown spots, pigmentation and skin discoloration never realizing that maybe it’s not about the type of beauty oils that we use. Sometimes we just need to change our lifestyle – the food that we eat, how to care for our skin, the amount of water we drink and our daily activities exposing us to the sun.
Anyway, I am very much satisfied with the product. I’ve read some online reviews about sunflower oil products that treat acne scars and dark spots but I chose Human Nature since this is a Filipino brand and the company is committed to producing natural and cruelty-free products. Yes, I’ve found the best dark circle concealer for me but it can’t beat an all organic and 100% natural beauty oil that can do magic with or without makeup. It may take a lot of patience to experience full results especially when it comes to using organic products (based on my experience with oils) but it makes me satisfied that I’m not putting any skin care products that contain retinol or alcohol on my face.
I bought my sunflower oil at Robinsons Supermarket Abreeza Mall for only 149php (50ml) and 275php (100ml).
As stated on their website, Human Nature Sunflower Beauty Oil claims to:
1. Helps lighten dark undereye circles
2. Helps lighten dark spots & pimple marks
3. Under eye moisturizer
4. Helps prevent & lighten the appearance of stretch marks
5. Helps soften and lighten underarms
6. Softens feet soles, knees & elbows
7. Removes stubborn makeup
8. Overall body moisturizer
9. Helps lighten fine lines around the eyes
10. Helps soften cuticles and dry skin
11. Makes skin glow and helps keep it youthful
12. Helps relax tired, puffy eyes
13. Helps relieve itch & redness caused by insect bites
14. Nourishes & conditions eyelashes
15. Helps lighten dark lips
16. Adds shine to dull hair
17. Helps ease dry & itchy scalp
18. Helps improve skin condition after sunburn
19. Smoothens dry, rough skin from shaving
20. Helps calm skin & ease rashes
21. Helps relieve symptoms of skin infections
22. Helps hydrate dry patches on face
23. Helps lighten lesions and scars